old salut!

Colin Randall wrote here on France, things Anglo-French and more......but has moved

March 29, 2007

Competition time (2)

This site has now moved to Salut!

For those allergic to cats............... I also propose to award a prize to the reader who is able to save and send me a copy of the home page of Salut! showing the counter on 50,000.

This should also be sent to me at colinrandall2001@yahoo.fr

I realise that a really determined individual could sit from now to 50,000 refreshing the screen until the magic number comes up. But then again, how would they know that others were not up to the same trick and might beat them to it?

The prize, returning to the theme of my painstaking search of France for a good Indian curry, is a splendid sounding book by Reza Mahammad with the self-explanatory title of Rice, Spice and all Things Nice , published by Simon and Schuster.

Another fine publication, 50 Great Curries of India by Camellia Panjabi and published by Kyle Cathie, is the reward for coming up with my cat's name - and being chosen from among all the correct answers received by next Wednesday, 6pm French time.

The more alert will know that perhaps the best curry I have eaten in France was served by a friend using a recipe from the French version.

The 50,000 milestone was reached a short while ago. I will let you know if anyone succeeded in the mission set be me earlier.

Labels: , ,

This site has now moved to Salut!

10 Comments:

At March 29, 2007 6:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well it currently says 49966 - but I know how to use paintshop. Is the prize worth the deceipt?

 
At March 29, 2007 6:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

50015 - bugger, I missed it!

 
At March 29, 2007 6:52 PM, Blogger Louise said...

50020 - I reckon someone sabotaged the site.

 
At March 29, 2007 7:05 PM, Blogger anonyhamster said...

I always refresh Colin's site at least a hundred times a day, because I know how important a role that hit counter plays in his under-utilised existence right now.

I took it through and past 50,000. It looked very pretty on the Big Number, but I shan't share that moment with you, us anonyrodents being a pretty secretive lot.

 
At March 29, 2007 7:12 PM, Blogger Bill Taylor said...

I think a change of name is in order. Anonyrat? Anonyskunk? Anonyweasel? You reckon you know who this person is, Louise?

 
At March 29, 2007 7:41 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Yep - and hair is the clue. If you can be bothered to go through tons of blogs...it stuck with me because this person/rodent likes making comments about Colin's hair for some reason.

 
At March 29, 2007 8:53 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

50092 missed it by miles. Did get the cat though; it didn't take long...

 
At March 30, 2007 5:58 AM, Blogger Louise said...

Totally off at a tangent - did you read about la Petite Anglaise and her court settlement? Well, there is one person whose life has been changed by blogging!

 
At March 30, 2007 8:57 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, Louise, I saw that. Good for her and yah boo sucks to her employer.

 
At March 30, 2007 8:57 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

ex-employer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home