old salut!

Colin Randall wrote here on France, things Anglo-French and more......but has moved

October 16, 2006

Spicy stuff coming your way soon

This site has now moved to Salut!

Salut! still has internet connection problems, which I hope will be resolved soon to enable me to resume something approaching a normal service.

But until things settle down generally, I am unlikely to make more than sporadic postings. Fortunately, you all seem to be able to get along quite well without me between my visits.

A bell ringing in my head reminds me that at least one of my regulars at another place believed that I was vacating it without having declared a result to my search for a decent Indian meal in France.

Actually, I could swear I came down heavily in favour of the tandoori chicken created by my wife Joelle out of jars bought from the shelves of Carrefour. I even made a light-hearted aside about the less clear cut success of her rice, an observation that has inevitably brought me endless grief.

But let me say that if there is unfinished business on the Indian spice trail, I will attempt to deal with it in my next proper posting.

For what it is worth, I have one Parisian restaurant to champion, and another do-it-yourself option that works on both sides of the Channel.

This site has now moved to Salut!

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is anyone going to eat curry tonight as a nod to our historical colonial past? And then blog about it, natch!

 
At October 17, 2006 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exeter, he did through 'Previous posts' which sends you to the individual page of the post under which is a 'Add comment' button.

 
At October 18, 2006 11:00 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

I'm sure you know the Indian district in Paris up by La Chapelle where they have the Ganesh procession every September. That's where all the real Indian restos are -if you aren't looking for glamorous deco.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home