old salut!

Colin Randall wrote here on France, things Anglo-French and more......but has moved

October 12, 2006

Rough and smooth

This site has now moved to Salut!

If you take part in a blog, you ought to be thick skinned enough to take the rough with the smooth.

Throughout the time I was writing the Telegraph blog, I accepted the right of readers to criticise me, responding on relatively few occasions, usually if I felt something grossly unfair or simply wrong had been said.

It is not my wish to censor anyone, but I do have to be careful about what appears. If I cannot always trust readers to be similarly careful, then I have to do something about it myself.

There have been a couple of references that should not really have been made. I don't wish to draw attention to them now, but can more seasoned bloggers advise: am I right in fearing that there is no remedy open to me except to delete the entire posting*?

If that is the case, and you see a posting disappear, then reappear without comments when you kenw there were several, you'll know the reason why. In fact, I have now decided that was the only thing for it!

Apologies, but one comment in particular - indeed, one word - was offensive enough to concern me. Feel free to take pops at me, but please don't get me into trouble with Messrs Sue, Grabbitt and Runne.

As for today's delayed comments, my fumbles with this blog are clearly not over. I thought I had deferred action on moderation but clearly not, having found the little queue of responses waiting to be seen by me and then posted.

Try to bear with me until I have worked out a better way.

* Yes, writing now, I know that there was no need to delete the entire post and all those comments - I simply hadn't spotted the dustbin.

This site has now moved to Salut!

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2006 9:59 PM, Blogger Colin Randall said...

Let me try to sort this out, unposted comments and all, tomorrow! Sorry for the hitches.

 
At October 13, 2006 8:22 AM, Blogger PhilB said...

Hey, Colin! You know, your blog is your private space, you can do whatever you want to. Censorship isn't even an issue, as it's just not a public forum in the way the Telegraph blog was.

London vs Paris indeed. Looks like rotweiler vs rotweiler is a more pressing concern.

Cheers, --- Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home